CNC Miller, Poole, £16ph
Our client, an established Engineering business operating in Poole, operate as a subcontractor to the Oil & Gas, Petro-Chemical and Marine industries. The purpose of this position is to bolster the CNC Milling department, helping to ensure that the company are meeting output targets whilst maintaining the high standards they’d known for.
This traditional Engineering business are wanting to increase the number of those who can programme within the Milling department. Historically most of the programming has taken place on the machine, moving forwards our client is open to hear from offline programmers to.
As a CNC Miller, your responsibilities will include:
- Set and operate various CNC Mills (mainly Dugards)
- Create new programmes in Fanuc as required (either online or offline)
- Support with other machining tasks as required – possible light Grinding
- Ensure tooling within the area is managed as required
- Ensure that the working area is always kept clean and tidy
- Complete relevant paperwork and update the computer system as required
- Support apprentices and mentor more junior members of the team
As a CNC Miller, you must:
- Be able to Programme using the Fanuc language
- If offline programming, then to be familiar with CADCAM software (not essential)
- Have ran 3 Axis machines (5 Axis would be ideal)
- Be comfortable supporting juniors within the team
Employer / Benefits
Boasting an average tenure of 12 years this employer offers a friendly and welcoming home to a team of circa 15 machinists. Offering a central location with off road parking this position would suit machinists living in the BCP area who are possibly travelling further afield.
Our client operates within several different industries which haven’t been hit to hard by the pandemic. They work with a longstanding customers and are fortunate in the variety of work they pick up. Benefits include:
- Standard working week is 40hrs finishing midday on Friday.
- Open to a 4 day working week
- 23 days annual leave per annum plus the 8 bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Overtime paid at a premium
If this CNC Miller role is for you then apply directly to this advert with an updated CV highlighting your relevant experience or call Harriet on 01202 688555 for more information.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate’s details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.
Key words: CNC, mills, miller, milling, fanuc, engineering, manufacturing, machining, machinery, fabrication, programmer, programme, setter, setting, operator, operating