Head of Engineering, Bournemouth, £70,000
The purpose of this job:
As the Head of Engineering for this fast-growing electronic manufacturer, you’ll play a vital role in the business by managing and leading the execution and delivery of the research & development, design engineering and project management functions. As the Head of Engineering, you will be an integral part of the management team, leading the engineering and project departments.
A fundamental objective is to support the company’s strategy which focuses on both customer and innovation led development. In all these areas you will be driven to ensure product is engineered with productionisation in mind, ensuring parts are designed for manufacture.
As the Head of Engineering your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the technical, design teams and project management teams delivering new product designs
- Set KPIs and targets for departmental work outputs and monitor performance
- Review and improve engineering processes and procedures for product performance and manufacturability
- Manage budgets including proposals for departmental development and engineering CapEx equipment
- Drive staff training and development
- Be a champion and facilitator for implementing and applying Lean-Continuous Improvement initiatives
For this Head of Engineering role, you will:
- Have experience in engineering management, prerbably with drives and controls
- Be degree level qualified, ideally in an Engineering related subject
- Be able to design and improve processes
- Have experience in Drives and Controls
- Have solid project management experience, particularly in running and improving NPI projects
- Be a self-driven, results oriented and passionate about driving improvements
Background and Benefits:
This global company has ambitious growth objectives and is investing heavily in state-of-the-art premises and machinery. Established over 5 decades ago, our client provides first-class solutions and is a trusted partner to some of the UK’s leading manufacturing companies. With a healthy spread of clients and a strong order book, they have experienced growth for the last 5 years.
This business is naturally entrepreneurial and is on track to accelerate their growth over the coming years. The new Head of Engineering is considered an integral player within the management team. Financial remuneration and reward will be commensurate with the level of seniority for this role and includes Private Medical insurance and the opportunity to progress.
If this role is for you:
We are working as the exclusive recruitment consultancy on this Head of Engineering vacancy and have committed to submit suitable candidates to our client ASAP, therefore, reply quickly to this advert to avoid missing out or call Amber or Jess to discuss the role further.
Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.