HR Manager, Wimborne, Part-time, £40,000 pro rata
As HR Manager you will fully manage the HR function and work in partnership with senior management to design and implement strategies that drive high-performance and facilitate employee growth, whilst ensuring the business remains legal and fair.
As HR Manager you’ll:
- Be the first point of contact for all HR issues, policies and procedures
- Design talent attraction strategies and deliver end-to-end recruitment campaigns
- Identify training needs and monitor L&D budget
- Manage and review Performance Management for all staff
- Ensure a first class on-boarding/off-boarding process
- Produce reports and benchmarking on current and future staffing costs
- Report on KPIs and update the leadership team
- Communicate legislation changes
- Prepare and update HR documents
As HR Manager you’ll have:
- A CIPD Qualification
- HR Generalist experience
- Proven success managing, mentoring and developing a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Background and benefits
Rubicon’s client is a well-established, highly ethical, infrastructure business. With a long-standing and fantastic reputation, they deliver an innovative consultancy and specialist service to their growing client base, across a variety of industry sectors.
As HR Manager you will have the flexibility to spread your contracted 21-25 hours throughout the week as you like. You will also be supported and encouraged to raise any training opportunities that spark your interest, enabling you to continue to develop and grow within your role. On top of this, you will benefit from 20 days prorated holiday (+BH and shutdown over the Christmas period), free parking, social events…
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this HR Manager vacancy to our client ASAP, so please apply quickly via this advert, or for more information call Grace or Amber at Rubicon.
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.