Finance Manager, Poole, £35,000
The purpose of this job
As Finance Manager you will be driven to further your career in finance and will be encouraged and supported to develop your skills and qualifications within this forward-thinking, growing distribution business. You will be supported by the Finance Director, and work closely with the Management Accountant, with responsibility for leading the transactional finance team.
As Finance Manager you will:
- Lead a small team of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Clerks
- Manage accounts payable ensuring timely and accurate transactions are posted
- Manage accounts receivable ensuring customer billing is correct and monitoring outstanding debts
- Negotiate with suppliers with regards to payment terms, credit limits, and other challenges
- Process credit cards and expenses in a timely manner
- Guide month end closure of accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers, whilst dealing with adjustments and provisions
As Finance Manager your skills and experience will include:
- Previous experience in a management role
- AAT Level 3 or 4 qualified and be working towards ACCA or CIMA
- Advanced skills in Excel and experience using a variety of financial software packages
- Being a natural, ambitious leader who enjoys motivating, supporting and managing a team
- Have a solid understanding and experience in accounts receivable and accounts payables
- Be able to prioritise workload and cope with the pressures of month end
- Be an adaptable team player, who is committed to providing excellent customer service and working collaboratively with the rest of the business
Background and benefits
With over 35 years’ experience supplying critical products to a variety of businesses across the UK, the company are experts in their industry. They are committed to their company mission by providing solutions that work, with a focus on ethical and innovative values. As a fair and flexible employer, they offer a rewarding, exciting place to work and have recently refurbished their Poole based office.
As well as a competitive salary you will benefit from, monthly bonuses, a pension scheme, staff discounts and free refreshments and lunches on Fridays. free parking, regular team building events…
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this Finance Manager vacancy to our client ASAP, so please apply quickly via this advert, or for more information call Amber or Jess on 01202 688542.
Here at Rubicon, our dedicated team take the time to review each and every application, please help us by submitting your CV in a Word document to allow us to more easily upload your details on to our system.+