Cyber Security Consultant, SouthWest, £55,000
The purpose of this job
As the Cyber Security Consultant, you will be in a senior role working closely alongside valued customers, improving the security of their networks, systems, and applications. You will implement security best practices for the whole business to follow.
This position offers predominantly remote and on-site work, with an occasional requirement to visit the Head Offices, located in Poole, Dorset.
Your responsibilities, as the Cyber Security Consultant, will include:
- Helping clients achieve Cyber Essentials, offering advice and remediation work
- Delivering security reviews in line with industry standards, recommending improvements where necessary
- Rolling out new security services, configuring and deploying relevant security technologies
- Implementing security best practices that are accessible to all members of staff
- Supporting the pre–sales team with regards to security elements of project work
You will have:
- Strong experience working within cyber security roles
- Solid understanding of security standards and principles, able to work with common security frameworks
- A proven track record working with security technologies (including Azure)
- Experience implementing and creating security policies for businesses
- Exceptional attention to detail able to communicate complex information to stakeholders
- A strong understanding of ISO27001 standards.
Some of the clients you will be working closely with are in the defence industry. Ideally you will have security clearance already or be able to gain security clearance.
Your new employer
As a leading provider of IT solutions, with over 25 years of experience, our client has built an excellent reputation within their industry. They pride themselves on providing exceptional solutions and experiences to their clients within a variety of sectors.
A personal development plan will be in put place and tailored to develop your skills that are key to the role. As the Senior IT Support Engineer you will join an ambitious, efficient, and supportive business who are passionate about IT.
Along with a competitive basic salary, as the Cyber Security Consultant, you will also benefit from 25 days holiday (+BHs), personal development plans and personalised training, private medical insurance and the opportunity to develop and progress the role.
As the recruitment partner across the business, we are exclusively working on this Cyber Security Consultant role. Call Ben or Grace at Rubicon for more information about this permanent vacancy or apply to this advert directly.
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.