Field Service Engineer (hydraulics), £30,420 + overtime
Rubicon’s client are presently seeking a customer focused service engineer who is looking for the next step in their career.
As a field service engineer you will have a strong background and knowledge of hydraulics, in addition to a general understanding of electrical systems.
This role would suit those either already working as a field service engineer or workshop-based individuals who are keen to progress into a servicing role.
You’ll play an integral part within the business supporting circa 4,000+ machines across central England (inc London).
As a field service engineer you’ll:
- Carry out planned & preventive maintenance of hydraulic plant
- Plan your own diary to ensure reactive breakdowns are dealt with in a timely manner
- Cover clients based across central England supporting Engineers to the north and south
- Managing your own mobile workshop in the form of a company van with every tool you could ever need
- Drop into head office (probably once a month) to catch up with the team and stock up on supplies
- See different things everyday with exposure to a huge variety of equipment supporting different types of industries.
As a field service engineer you’ll have:
- An advanced understanding of hydraulic systems (although not necessarily from a field based role)
- A good understanding of electrical circuits and systems
- Strong customer service skills and the desire to represent the brand in a professional manner
- Fault finding enabling you to find the hitch
- A valid UK driving license (with no more than 3 points)
- Basic welding knowledge (basic is the word!)
The Employer & Package
Our client services businesses up and down the UK and have done for over 75 years. After a strong 12 months trading, they’re looking to add an extra Engineer to the team in order to support their growing client base.
A competitive salary is offered coupled with overtime when required. All field based Engineers are also provided with a company vehicle and all the tooling / equipment you could possibly need.
Just to stress providing you tick the boxes with regards to the required knowledge you DON’T have to have been employed as a service engineer previously. The right attitude and cultural fit is a must, providing the technical know who is there the rest can be trained.