Shop Floor Manager, £30,000 plus benefits, North Dorset
The purpose of this role:
This hugely successful, engineering company has a heritage that stretches back to the industrial revolution. They are looking for a Shop Floor Manager to work in their 5,800 sq metre factory. As Shop Floor Manager you will be responsible for managing the department, ensuring the assemblies are dispatched in the correct quantities, quality and time scales to the requirements of the customers schedules and KanBan systems. You will also maximise the efficiency of the operations within the control of the job holder to the requirements of ISO & TS16949.
As Shop Floor Manager you will be responsible for:
- Day to day running of the department ensuring productivity through excellent management and leadership.
- Monitoring and maintaining all stocks of materials required in manufacturing process.
- Liaise with Quality department to ensure all relevant quality issues are address and completed.
- Contributing to the production function of the section by setting and adjusting machines / jigs and when occasion demands carrying out welding or any other operations necessary for the smooth running of the section.
- Maintaining healthy and safe working environment.
As Shop Floor Manager you’ll have:
- Leadership and management experience is essential
- Fluent English spoken and written is essential
- Manufacturing background is preferred
- Automotive industry – nice to have but not essential
- Knowledge of welding and robots – nice to have but not essential
Background & benefits:
Rubicon’s client has resources amongst the most extensive and sophisticated in Europe with the capability of fulfilling orders however large or small with equal facility, supported by an established administration and distribution function that ensures continuity of supply, rapid delivery and competitive prices on every single item.
As Shop Floor Manager you will benefit from competitive salary, excellent working hours and on-site parking.
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this Shop Floor Manager vacancy to our client ASAP, so please apply quickly via this advert, or for more information call Ben or Grace on 01202 688542.