Wood Polisher, Poole, £10ph
You’re a Polisher and have experience working with wood. You have a background working within manufacturing, ideally within the marine industry (although this is not essential). Working hours are Monday to Friday 07:00 – 15:45 with opportunity to work overtime when it is available.
As a Polisher, your duties will include:
- preparing the wood by sanding and filling in holes and chips
- removing old paint spots, varnish or lacquer using paint stripper or sandpaper
- mixing the stain and applying it to the wood, using a brush or by spraying it on
- finishing the wood with varnishes, waxes and lacquers, and perhaps a fire-retardant finish which complies with the Health and Safety and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) legislation
- keeping up to date with new techniques and equipment
To find out more about this role or to be the first to hear about our other Polisher roles, call Harriet on 01202 688555 for more information. Alternatively, apply to this advert with an updated CV reflecting your relevant experience.
Key words: polishing, polisher, sander, sanding, woodwork, carpentry, marine, paint, painting, spraying