Trainee Permanent Technical Roles – Dorset – £competitive
Do you have an interest in Technology or Engineering as a whole? Have you always wanted to learn a technical skill but never found an employer willing to invest the time in you? Are you looking to either kick start a career within Engineering or possibly wanting to retrain and learn a new skill?
If so, then read on…
We’re presently working with several businesses from varying sectors who each have a very different offering. In recent months we’ve placed individuals into the following training roles:
- Trainee Panel Wirer
- Trainee Electronic Assembler
- Trainee Computer Assembler
- Apprentice Mechanical Fitters
- Trainee Inspectors
- Trainee CNC Machinists and Metal Workers
What you need to be considered:
As with any trainee position one of the key requirements is a desire to learn and progress.
Although no formal qualifications or previous employment history is required any of the below could help strengthen your application:
- Experience gained using tools from hobbies or personal interests
- Possibly some basic skills learnt from college or even secondary school (ICT / Resistant Materials etc)
- An interest in all things techy (this could be computing and gaming through to metal work)
- A ‘have a go’ approach to maintenance tasks around the house or possible with vehicle maintenance
Duties could include:
- Operation of a manual machine
- Soldering and electrical assembly
- Checking the quality of the work produced in a Test or Inspection capacity
- Helping to maintain the equipment
- Working from schematics / reading technical drawings
- Supporting others within the manufacturing department
All of our trainee positions are based within friendly teams, each business with allocated mentors to support new additions.
As briefly alluded to earlier we’re presently working with several different employers spanning Dorset. Owing to this there are a variety of working patterns on offer including days, nights, short weeks and long.
The locations again are obviously different but include several which can be easily accessed by public transport.
As a recruiter we’re selective which businesses we choose to work with.
The salaries on offer range from £8.91 upwards of £13.50 for night shifts. Overtime is payable in all roles at a premium and is in abundance. A genuinely great chance to learn a new skill whilst earning a good wage.
For more information on our current trainee level positions please give Terry or Scott a call on 01202 688555. The team will spend sometime talking through the roles on offer following an initial qualification.
Most of these positions are exclusive to Rubicon. Owing to the speed in which we recruit, there is a constant stream of new and exciting trainee level roles on offer.