Stores Operative – Raw Materials, Poole, £12.20ph
The purpose of this job
In this Stores Operative – Raw Materials role, you will be responsible for supporting the stores function and cutting materials needed for production. You will ensure accurate and timely processing of all stores duties including receipts, picking and issuing of kits and materials, packing and dispatching finished parts and other system and processes relating to the day-to-day movement of goods within the Site.
Your responsibilities as Stores Operative – Raw Materials will include:
- Handling of raw materials, including heavy metal bars.
- Cutting of raw materials using machinery, saws etc.
- Receiving/issuing/dispatching goods utilising the Company business system of all external goods or materials received or dispatched.
- Accurately filing and maintaining all relevant documentation.
- Thoroughly investigating all errors or discrepancies and ensuring that the relevant individuals are informed i.e. Logistics Team Leader.
- Ensuring all parts are stored or issued in a suitable manner to prevent damage.
- Issuing of components into valve kits as required by the Assembly area.
- Processing of spares kits.
- Maintaining accurate inventory data (Perpetual Inventory Counts).
- Ensuring batches are clearly identified and controlled.
- Processing and carrying out Raw Material duties as required and requested.
- Carrying out general delivery/collection duties as required and requested.
- Operating/driving Forklift.
- Completing Despatch duties as required and requested.
- Perform other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
You will have:
- A Counterbalance Forklift licence.
- A valid driving licence.
- Experience of working in a component or material stores.
- Experience of Goods Inwards/Despatch processes.
- Understanding of stock, stock items and batch segregation in a computerised system.
- Able to perform accurate stock checks and perpetual inventory checks.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner.
- PC Literate.
Your new employer
Rubicon Recruitment’s client is a highly successful business that supplies into various industries. They’ve a reputation locally for great staff retention, a friendly working environment and delivering unparalleled levels of quality to their customers.
If this role is for you
Call Charlie, on 01202 688 555 for more information about this Stores Operative – Raw Materials vacancy or apply to this advert.
Key Words: Forklift, Counterbalance, Stores, Warehouse, Raw Materials, Machine Operating, Cutting, Goods-In, Engineering