Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator, Ferndown, £27,000 package
The Purpose of this Job:
As Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator you will directly report to the Production and Materials Controller, providing pivotal operational & logistical support to the wider Supply Chain Team.
Due to company growth, this new position is required for you to perform all aspects of purchasing and inventory management for all company locations.
Your Responsibilities as Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator:
- Liaise with the planning department and other cross-functions to identify purchasing requirement
- Ensure stock is maintained to appropriate levels inline with production forecasts.
- Purchasing inventory control, including stock counting, reconciliation activities and daily inventory & documentation tasks.
- Identify suitable suppliers, carrying out comparative pricing, Quality confirmation, generating purchase orders and establishing timelines from suppliers
- Maintain data accuracy on the ERP / MRP system (Progress Plus)
- Complete Kitting tasks in a timely manner, ensuring quantity & quality of parts and sub-assemblies meet customer requirements.
Your Knowledge & Skills:
- 2-5 years of Purchasing experience in a similar environment.
- Good understanding of Multi-Level billing materials (BOM).
- Ideally Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent.
- Strong experience with ERP and MRP systems (progress plus) purchasing & inventory control management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel abilities and financially minded with strong analytical skills.
Your New Employer and Benefits
The company have over 40 years of successful global trading and hold a great reputation for manufacturing high-precision machines. They pride themselves on being a multi-service manufacturing company, the only one of their kind in Europe!
Along with a competitive basic salary, benefits include being entitled to an attractive bonus scheme, 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays), and enrolment onto the pension scheme.
If this Role is for You
We are committed to submitting candidates for this Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator vacancy ASAP, so please apply to this advert quickly, or for more information contact Ben or Grace at Rubicon
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.