You are a Purchaser who has experience working within a manufacturing environment. You are looking to jump into a fast-paced role, taking ownership of the planning and negotiation of materials, components and equipment.
As a Purchaser, you will require a good working knowledge of goods, services and sources to ensure on-time delivery and purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements.
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:15 with a 12:45 finish on a Friday. There is on site car parking, a canteen and a great working environment.
As a Purchaser, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for selecting, ordering, and coordinating materials or services for production, basing selection on engineering and specifications, as well as driving continuous improvement regarding price, quality, service, delivery performance, and lead-times.
- Measures supplier performance and takes the appropriate steps to ensure improvement, including suppliers to reduce defective or unacceptable goods or services.
- Processes orders, change orders, order acknowledgements, RMAsRMAs, and other transactions daily using ERPERP system.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, engineering, and quality to acquire material in a cost effective and timely manner in order to manage delivery schedules.
- Determines optimal methods of procurement such as direct purchase, bid, supplier-managed inventory, make-for-hold, etc. in order to support organisation and customer requirements.
For more information and to apply to this Purchaser role call me, Charlie, at Rubicon Recruitment Group and I’ll talk you through the details. Alternatively, please submit your CV via the advert/directly through our website. When speaking about this role, we’ll also discuss any other opportunities that may be suitable.
Key skills: purchaser, purchasing, procurement, buyer, ERP