Project Controller, Dorchester
The purpose of this job
In this Project Controller role, you will work closely with Project Managers to ensure that all budgeting, scheduling, and coordination processes run smoothly. You will monitor the progress of a project to ensure that it is working within the confines of set deadlines and budget limitations and generate progress reports to managers.
Your responsibilities as Project Controller will include:
- Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Project plans, opportunities, and delivery projects, working with the project teams to ensure estimates and forecasts are correct and published frequently.
- Scheduling of all project activities to produce an integrated project plan with a critical path, update as required, and report potential problems/problem areas to the Project Manager/Work Package Manager for action.
- Maintenance of a project baseline and change control log in order to report on cost and schedule variances to the Project Manager on a monthly basis, with suggestions for corrective actions.
- Support to the Project Manager in the monitoring and tracking of project budget, providing a full forecast for all phases of the project and ensuring overspends or underspends can be justified.
- Support to the work package manager: reviewing and where necessary raising change requests; performing scenario analysis in the schedule; and implementing changes.
- Support the Project Manager with Risk, Issues, and Opportunities management by ensuring the various registers are reviewed and updated frequently with the project teams. To perform schedule risk analysis on projects and project opportunities as and when required.
- Support the Project Managers in the creation and maintenance of Earned Value Management data set and reporting requirements.
You will have:
- A proven track record at planning high value, complex engineering projects which include the full project lifecycle.
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to.
- A sound understanding of the Project Management lifecycle and reporting tools / principles.
- A sound understanding of Earned Value Management principles with practical application.
- An appreciation of the Commercial and Financial aspects within the project environment.
- Advanced Microsoft office, Excel, and Microsoft Project skills.
- The ability to challenge project managers and contribute to process and reporting improvements.
- Experience of an ERP system, in particular experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX within a project environment.
- Knowledge of Risk standards, specifically Management of Risk (MOR).
Your new employer
Rubicon Recruitment’s client is a highly successful business that supplies into various industries. They’ve a reputation locally for great staff retention, a friendly working environment and delivering unparalleled levels of quality to their customers.
If this role is for you
Call Charlie, on 01202 688 555 for more information about this Project Controller vacancy or apply to this advert.
Key Words: Project, Engineer, Controller, Planning, Scheduling