Production Manager, Blandford, £69,000 package
As the Production Manager for this industry leading manufacturer, you will be responsible for leading your Production and Planning teams whilst developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives. Reporting to the Board, you will have two managers directly reporting to you, and you’ll be indirectly responsible for a team of between 70-100 permanent and temporary employees across a variety of skilled roles.
As Production Manager you’ll:
- Develop and manage continuous improvement initiatives to actively improve the efficiency and productivity of the manufacturing function
- Recruit and train staff while maintaining excellent team morale
- Liaise with the HR and Health & Safety Departments to ensure any personnel issues are handled correctly and in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure your department is fully compliant with appropriate rules and regulations, specifically with prior experience working to ISO9001 standards.
- Coordinate with relevant members of the supply chain and other departments to ensure the efficient running of the Production function.
- Communicate effectively with the Operations Director and your team
The successful Production Manager will:
- Have significant experience working in a management capacity within production/manufacturing
- Be degree educated in a relevant field
- Ideally have, or be working towards, a Nebosh qualification
- Have experience working in a lean and cellular environment, comfortable with a variety of manufacturing processes and materials
- Be confident in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes to enhance productivity
- Possess strong leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Be an effective communicator, with the ability to liaise with both senior members of staff and direct reports
Rubicon’s client is an established manufacturer of quality and bespoke products specifically engineered to meet the varied demands of an ever-growing health sector. Using innovative and award-winning technologies they have developed customer specific solutions for national government, public and private services for 70 years.
As the Production Manager, in addition to the basic remuneration and bonus, the successful candidate will benefit from an above statutory pension, 33 days holiday (inc BH), free parking, life assurance and a modern working environment.
We are working with our client on an exclusive basis and are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this Production Manager vacancy ASAP, so please apply quickly via this advert, or for more information call Vickie or Ben at Rubicon.
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.