MIG Welder / Fabricator, Dorset, £14.77 + overtime
As a time-tested welder / fabricator you will be responsible for welding and fabricating large mild steel projects, each of which are entirely unique, working from client specific engineering drawings. You must have worked within a heavy fabrication environment before and be confident with welding up to thicknesses of 40mm.
Your responsibilities as a welder/fabricator will be:
- Fabrication/MIG welding of brackets and braces – lots of angular work
- Used to working with heavy materials and welding up to thicknesses of 40mm
- Using Oxy cutting torches
- Movement of work around the shopfloor using gantry cranes (training provided)
- Working from technical drawings constantly, most items will be either unique or a small batch
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that deadlines are archived
- Measuring and cutting materials using the equipment provided
The successful welder/fabricator will have:
- Previous heavy gauge welding experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- A reliable, conscientious, and hardworking attitude
Rubicon People Partnership’s client is a highly successful business that supplies into various industries around the global. Often called into to support with the most complex of projects, offering a turnkey approach from start to finish.
They’ve a reputation locally for recognising and appreciating good workers, boasting an excellent safety record, and providing employees access to the best equipment and PPE including a state of the art air fed mask. They have plenty of onsite parking and their location is excellent being both close to the centre of Poole with great access to main roads and public transport links. The pay is competitive with overtime offered on a regular basis.
Call Harriet, on 01202 688555 for more information about this welder/fabricator vacancy or apply to this advert with an up-to-date CV showing your relevant experience.
Key words: welding, welder, weld, fabrication, fabricator, fabricating, MIG, engineering, manufacturing