Laser Machinist, Poole, £13ph
As a laser machinist you will be responsible for cutting materials for various bespoke projects, working from client specific engineering drawings. You will have worked within a fabrication environment before and be confident with programming, setting and operating laser machines.
Your responsibilities as a laser machinist will be:
- Programming, setting, and operating a Voortman Profiler
- Operating other machinery such as saws and drills
- Loading and unloading the machine
- Ensuring health & safety protocols are followed at all times
- Troubleshoot any faults/errors that arise and liaise with Voortman if needed
- Meeting production deadlines
- Ensure maintenance checks are carried out on a regular basis
The successful laser machinist will have:
- Previous experience working with CNC machines (ideally lasers)
- Competency reading 2D and 3D fabrication drawings
- Flexibility to work on other machines as required
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Rubicon People Partnership’s client is a highly successful business that supplies into various industries. They’ve a reputation locally for recognising and appreciating good workers, boasting an excellent safety record, and providing employees access to the best equipment and PPE. They have plenty of onsite parking and their location is excellent being both close to the centre of Poole with great access to main roads and public transport links. The pay is competitive with overtime offered on a regular basis.
Call Harriet, on 01202 688555 for more information about this laser machinist vacancy or apply to this advert with an up-to-date CV showing your relevant experience.
Key words: laser, lasers, cutting, fabrication, engineering, manufacturing, Voortman, profiling, cnc, machine, machinery, machining, metal, metalwork
Salisbury, WiltshireEngineering Apprentice, Salisbury, £23'000 Purpose As an engineering apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study towards a funded BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering Design as well as working alongside a tight knit engineering team. You will have the…View Job
Somerset, YeovilCNC Turner, £CompetitivePurposeAs a CNC Turner within a well-established company in the Engineering and Manufacturing sector, you'll play a vital role of supporting the business within the machine shop.ResponsibilitiesAs a CNC Turner, your responsibilities will include:Programming, setting and operating lathesWorking…View Job
Dorset, PooleManual Miller, £15ph | Overtime £22.50ph | PoolePurposeAs a manual miller you'll be responsible for the machining of metal components. This is an essential part of the engineering process and you'll be responsible for producing the highest standard of work…View Job