Electrical Field Service Engineer, Andover, £45,000
As a Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day functions of process plant systems, including the repair of electrical faults, mandatory servicing and ensuring effective preventative maintenance strategies are in place.
You must be willing and able to travel across the UK, to visit and service clients.
As a Service Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Investigating, diagnosing, and repairing electrical control panel issues
- To undertake mechanical breakdowns and workshop repairs when requires.
- Resolution of emergency breakdowns
- To carry out planned maintenance
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification
- To undertake and document the statutory Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) for our fleet of mobile processing units
The ideal Service Engineer will have:
- Electrical qualification – 18th Edition and ideally NICEIC
- Experience with mechanical repairs
- Experience with industrial installation and control systems
- Process experience ideally from a utilities environment
- Experience communication with customers
- Have a full clean driving licence
Employer and Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, financially stable business, who for over 20 years have been providing an exceptional, recognised service. Due to anticipated growth and expansion, there may be a requirement for working across Europe. The role is interesting, varied and includes travelling and working away from home at times; a suitable vehicle and accommodation will be provided. Benefits include:
- Very competitive basic salary and paid overtime.
- Company vehicle and fuel card.
- Holiday rising to 25 days with length of service
- Full wardrobe of both PPE and work attire
- Bonus scheme
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this Service Engineer vacancy ASAP, so please apply quickly via this advert, or for more information call Terry at Rubicon.
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.