Design Engineer, Poole, £30,000
The purpose of this job:
As the Design Engineer of this well-established manufacturer, you’ll play a key role within the business, supporting their large, dynamic and friendly team with developing new innovative designs.
Your Design Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Using CAD to create 2D and 3D designs that are appropriate for customers and internal manufacture
- Dealing with design change requests that will impact engineering changes
- Examining any quality alerts, concessions and 1st off reports
- Aiding with cost saving by directly working with the purchasing department
- Occasional support with returns analysis
- Occasional domestic and foreign travel if required
Your design engineer knowledge & skills:
- At least 2 years of experience using CAD
- Preferably prior experience in engineering
- Experience with MRP/ ERP systems
- Desirably some experience with EPDM
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong English speaking and written ability
- Self-motivated, hardworking and a committed team player
Your new employer:
Our client is a true British Manufacturing success story, leading their sector of manufacturing in the UK with over 70 years of experience. Their aim is to provide motor solutions to be utilised in a diverse range of applications. You will join a large, dynamic and friendly workforce, helping ensure a smooth flowing operation.
This company prides much of their success to their passion for customer care, proudly achieving some of the finest standards in their market in every continent on the planet.
As the Project Manager, you will benefit from; 23 days holiday + BH (increasing with longevity). An enhanced maternity and paternity program. Medical schemes promoting healthy lifestyles, as well as free eye tests. Free Parking on site, a pension scheme (above statutory), as well as a discretionary bonus scheme.
If this role is for you
As the recruitment partner across the business, we are exclusively working on this Design Engineer role. Call Grace for more information about this permanent vacancy or apply to this advert directly.
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.