CAM Designer (Laser Programmer)
The purpose of the role
As a CAM Designer (Laser Programmer), you will be responsible for turning 3D Designs into programs for Laser Cutting Machines.
Your responsibilities as a CAM Designer (Laser Programmer) will include
- Be able to take customers 3D models and flatten each part using Byfold software (training available).
- Import into Laser Bysoft software (inhouse training available).
- Nest each part into sheet sizes. Must have a good understanding on material grades and spec.
- Create new parts on the system ready to import as above.
- Manager jobs through the laser into inspection ready for dispatch. (laser / debur only).
- Liaising with upper management on targets and lead times.
- Liaising with customers about laser parts.
- Purchasing material.
- Strong Solid Edge experience
Rubicon Recruitment’s client is a highly successful business that supplies into various industries. They’ve a reputation locally for great staff retention, a friendly working environment and delivering unparalleled levels of quality to their customers.
For more information and to apply to this CAM Designer (Laser Programmer) role, call me, Charlie, at Rubicon Recruitment Group on 01202 680 311 and I will talk you through the details. Alternatively apply via the advert/directly on our website.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate’s details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.
Key words: CAM, CAD, Engineering, 3D, Laser, Programming, Sheet Metal, Fabrication