Buyer, Bournemouth, £30,000
As the Buyer for this global engineering company, you will be focused on the sourcing of electronic materials and products, in partnership with the Supply Chain Team. You will be a vital part of the team, ensuring the business is following correct procurement processes in line with business needs.
As Buyer you’ll:
- Manage the procurement and sourcing of technical products, whilst maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Ensure the continuity of sourced products ensuring business needs are met
- Deliver cost savings, in line with ethical and sustainable practices
- Identify potential new suppliers to improve the supply chain
- Drive continuous improvements within the businesses sourcing practices
As Buyer your skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience buying electronic parts and components, particularly for NPI
- Experience working within a manufacturing/engineering environment would be advantageous
- Ability to build and maintain supplier relationships, with strong influencing skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, ERP and MRP systems
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
Background and benefits
Rubicon’s client is recognised for their high-quality products and are a key supplier to some of the largest names in the sectors they provide to. They are a naturally entrepreneurial, global company with solid growth objectives and invest heavily their working facilities and people.
Our client offers a competitive salary, half days on Fridays, and the opportunity to work for a well known local company with a long and prosperous history, in state of the art offices.
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this Buyer vacancy to our client ASAP, so please apply quickly via this advert, or for more information call Oliver or Grace.
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.