Trainee Warehouse Team leader, £competitive – Salisbury
As a Trainee Warehouse Team Leader you’re probably working in a warehouse but wanting carer progression. You’ve got the warehousing skill set down to a tee but are hungry to take the next step. In your current role you’ve possibly been a stand in supervisor covering holiday but are wanting to make it a more permanent fixture.
This Trainee Warehouse Team Leader position is working within a well-established, family run business that have a track record of developing their employees. You’ll be supporting an experience warehouse manager, becoming their number two though training, development and lots of coaching.
As a trainee Warehouse Team Leader you’ll fast become an instrumental part of the warehouse team. General duties will include:
- Supporting the wider warehouse team by ensuring people have what they need
- Ensuring customers receive what they’ve ordered
- Constantly reviewing the way things are done and proposing ideas as the arise
- Managing the stock system and ensuring levels are recorded accurately
- Using the in-house computer system to generate invoices and shipping labels
- Conduct basic inspection of finished products – ensuring items shipped are as they should be
- Possible use of company vehicles (including van and forklift) not essential!
There is a real family feel throughout the business with most staff having been with them for several years. Although not a guarantee, there are examples all over the business of progression. Having a forward-thinking approach to development this business encourages their employees to push themselves and actively support personal growth.
The business we’ve partnered with are central and can be easily accessed by public transport, they also have plenty of off-road parking for those driving.
If you are interested in this role please apply with an up to date CV. If you would like any more information on our trainee roles, please call Terry on 01202 688555.
Key words: trainee, warehouse, logistics, picking, supervisor, warehousing, packers, team leader