Calling All Seasonal Hospitality Workers
Fed up with working evenings, split shifts, and weekends? Are you keen to secure a position that can offer security, with a guaranteed weekly wage on a permanent basis?
With the holiday season ending imminently thousands of workers in the local area will soon be either losing their jobs or facing a significant reduction in hours. We’ve jobs suited for Waiters, Chefs, Bar Staff – all offering the chance to retrain.
We’re offering individuals from the hospitality sector the chance to learn a new skill and kick start a career within the Engineering sector.
If you’re looking for higher earning potential, regular week day working hours and security then read on…
We’re presently working with several businesses from varying sectors who each have a very different offering. In recent months we’ve placed individuals into the following training roles:
- Trainee Sprayers
- Trainee Logistics
- Trainee Assemblers
- Trainee Electronic Assembler
- Apprentice Mechanical Fitters
- Trainee CNC Machinists and Metal Workers
What you need to be considered:
As with any trainee position one of the key requirements is a desire to learn and progress.
Although no formal qualifications or previous employment history is required any of the below could help strengthen your application:
- Experience gained using tools from hobbies or personal interests
- Possibly some basic skills learnt from college or even secondary school (ICT / Resistant Materials etc)
- An interest in all things techy (this could be computing and gaming through to metal work)
- A ‘have a go’ approach to maintenance tasks around the house or possible with vehicle maintenance
Duties could include:
- Picking orders and shipping
- Stock taking and handling inbound shipments
- Operation of a manual machine
- Soldering and electrical assembly
- Checking the quality of the work produced in a Test or Inspection capacity
- Helping to maintain the equipment
- Working from schematics / reading technical drawings
- Supporting others within the manufacturing department
All of our trainee positions are based within friendly teams, each business with allocated mentors to support new additions.
As briefly alluded to earlier we’re presently working with several different employers spanning the Salisbury and Hampshire area. Owing to this there are a variety of working patterns on offer including days, nights, short weeks and long.
The locations again are obviously different but include several which can be easily accessed by public transport.
As a recruiter we’re selective which businesses we choose to work with.
The salaries on offer range from £8.91 upwards of £13.50 for night shifts. Overtime is payable in all roles at a premium and is in abundance. A genuinely great chance to learn a new skill whilst earning a good wage.
For more information on our current trainee level positions please give Terry or Scott a call on 01202 688555. The team will spend sometime talking through the roles on offer following an initial qualification.
Most of these positions are exclusive to Rubicon. Owing to the speed in which we recruit, there is a constant stream of new and exciting trainee level roles on offer.