National on-site Machine Operator, Swindon (Across the UK) , £35,000+ per annum (post training)
In this National on-site machine operator role, you will be equipped through training (if necessary) with the skills and equipment to manage and maintain remote based machinery. Over time you’ll become a stand-alone operator who is trusted to ‘get the job done’.
Ideally suited to those who are seeking an employer that invests heavily in training and development, as well as jobseekers wanting to secure a technical role where they can build on existing mechanical skills / interests.
This position will involve travelling and working across the UK. You will be required to work away from home as well as stay in accommodation dependant on the site you’re supporting. 10-day consecutive shifts are on offer which are paid a premium. A chance to earn some mega money within a supportive business with endless possibilities to progress.
A genuine opportunity to start a new career in 2022.
In this National on-site Machine Operator role prior experience isn’t essential. You will however need to demonstrate that you’re familiar working with hand tools and understand basic mechanics.
Your confidence working with tools may have come from:
- Completing a Mechanical or Engineering based course at college
- Gained experience working with tools from interests outside of paid employment, possibly dabbling in car maintenance
- Been the self-nominated handyman at the current place of work or at home
- Have a reliable and positive work ethic
- Be happy to work outside when required and don’t mind a bit of rain
- Feel comfortable driving a small van (which you’ll be given upon starting)
- Be willing to train for a telehandler licence
- Either have prior experience of, or be happy with lone working
Full training will be provided for this role. As a National on-site Machine Operator your duties will include:
- Daily start up and shutdown of the production line
- Tweaking of the machine settings to ensure maximum output is delivered
- Working on a production line and monitoring the equipment the ensure it keeps running
- Loading materials into the machine and ensuring the area is kept clean and tidy
- Completing basic maintenance on the equipment including greasing / lubricating of moving parts
- Possible fault finding with the support of a senior engineer (remotely)
- A few positions working on a Monday to Friday rota.
- Positions staying away from home overnight for extended periods (10 days on 4 days off)
- Supporting other sites across the UK as required (normally circa 20 miles)
- Driving of a company vehicle (license required)
- Basic knowledge of specialist tools and their use under instruction from a senior engineer (remotely)
- Managing and maintaining consumable stock levels
- Supporting the customer with any needs they have
- Working outside in all weather conditions
Employer & Package
Rubicon People Partnership’s client is a well-established privately owned utilities company who are dedicated to quality whilst ensuring an environmentally friendly process. that are heading in period of substantial growth. In exchange for offering security, extensive training and all the below their seeking reliable individuals to join the team.
The successful candidate will be fully kitted out through the initial induction period. You’ll be provided with:
- High Spec PPE required for the job
- Branded clothing so you look the business
- A company vehicle with a fuel card
- All the tools and IT equipment to get the job done
The annualised starting salary is likely to be between £20,000 – £22,000 per annum with an increase to £30,000+ upon successful completion of training (expected to be around 3 months). The fore mentioned salary is based on a day shift but the company do frequently offer overtime, which is all paid at a premium.
Annual leave on offer starts at 20 days and increases to 25 with length of service.
For more information and to apply to this National on-site machine operator role, call me, Terry, at Rubicon Recruitment Group on 01202 688555 and I will talk you through the details. Alternatively apply via the advert/directly on our website with an up-to-date CV.
Key words: trainee, production, manufacturing, machining, machinery, operating, apprenticeship