Infrastructure Engineer, £45,000, Remote / on-site and occasional office visits
The purpose of this job
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will focus on providing remote and on-site project support to valued clients, with the opportunity to be involved in client infrastructure projects. Desktop builds will also be common within the role and is an excellent opportunity to mix both support and project work. The role has the prospect for development with the opportunity to become an expert in the company’s core technology offerings.
Your responsibilities, as the Infrastructure Engineer, will include:
- Providing on-site support to a few of the company’s larger clients
- Day to day support and first point of contact for all IT queries for clients
- Working on, and involvement in, other projects within the business, ranging from a few days long to a month.
- Preparing endpoint hardware for clients including installation.
- Documenting all hardware and software items so that configuration management records can be maintained.
- Up-selling of additional products in accordance with company sales process
- Have experience with setup, configuration, migration, and support for a variety of Microsoft applications, common virtualisation, backup technologies, and core networking principles.
- Have solid technical IT experience, with evidence of providing 3rd line level support, preferably within an MSP company.
- Ideally be educated to degree level in an IT/Technical related field or hold an equivalent qualification.
- Be an excellent problem-solver, with the ability to display commercial awareness with strong technical skills.
- Be able to self-manage and plan to meet agreed deadlines, as well as build and maintain strong customer relationships.
Your new employer
As a leading provider of IT solutions, with over 25 years of experience, our client has built an excellent reputation within their industry. They pride themselves on providing exceptional solutions and experiences to their clients within a variety of sectors.
A personal development plan will be in put place and tailored to develop your skills that are key to the role. As the Infrastructure Engineer you will join an ambitious, efficient, and supportive business who are passionate about IT.
Along with a competitive basic salary, as the Infrastructure Engineer, you will also benefit from 25 days holiday (+BHs), personal development plans and personalised training, private medical insurance and the opportunity to develop and progress the role. A car allowance is also provided in the package.
As the recruitment partner across the business, we are exclusively working on this Infrastructure Engineer role. Call Ben or Jess at Rubicon for more information about this permanent vacancy or apply to this advert directly.