Trainee Painter – South Devon – £400 per week PAYE
Our customer is seeking several individuals to join their existing team of Painters. This Painter position requires applicants to have SOME prior experience but not necessarily from paid employment.
You could be a DIY hero who has gained experienced from renovating your own property, or possibly had light maintenance as part of a previous position (maybe working with the hospitality trade within a hotel). It’s an ideal role for those wanting to move away from the catering / hospitality trade but struggling due to not having experience shown on your CV.
If you consider yourself to be a good painter and general maintenance, excellent at communicating with customers and reliable then read on…
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Getting to site! Due to sites being dotted around, and not always on public transport routes your own transport is essential
- In advance of the painting and decorating you will need to make the surfaces ready for paint application. This is likely to involve some basic filling / pointing of external walls, removal of any foliage and masking of areas not to be treated (all of which are things you’ve probably done at home)
- The obvious…. painting and decorating external walls, primarily of residential properties not higher than 2 storeys (multiple coats are required). Note that the bulk of the jobs are painting large area’s using a roller and masonry brushes – minimal detailed cutting in required
- You will be working at private customers homes so… representing the brand in a professional and friendly manner
- Strict adherence to company policies, always ensuring you closely follow COVID guidelines
- The clean up! Ensuring that the property is left in a clean and tidy state upon completion
- Completion of a basic written report at the end of the job, documenting the work undertaken
- Will have experience working within a painting & decorating capacity (although as stated above this does not have to be within a paid capacity)
- Care about the quality of work they produce and do things RIGHT without rushing or cutting corners
- Due to the nature of the work some roles may involve working on ladders (unless you are 12ft tall…)
- Be friendly, have excellent communication skills and a want to please
- Have a full driving license which has been held for a minimum of 12 months
- Have good time management skills and be able to prioritise their workload
- Be proactive and work on their own initiative as well as support others within the team
- Happy to be flexible on working hours to ensure the job gets done (additional hours paid for 😊)
Employer and Package
The employer that we are working closely with have seen significant growth over the last 12 months. Due to this growth, they are wanting to expand their painting and decorating teams in the Devon area. The business pride themselves of delivering a professional service and want to build a team that share their passion. If you’ve got the foundations (basic experience) they’ll help train you.
They can offer regular hours, tools and equipment, competitive pay and potentially access to vehicle after a successful probation has been passed.
This position is paid on a PAYE basis and you receive 28 days per year holiday (on an accumulative basis).
If you wish to be part of this fast-growing business, please apply to this trainee Painter and Decorator role via this advert. If painting and decorating can’t be clearly seen on your CV (which isn’t an issue 😉) then please submit a basic overview of your experience in addition.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate’s details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.
‘Here at Rubicon, our dedicated team take the time to review each and every application, please help us by submitting your CV in a Word document to allow us to more easily upload your details on to our system.’